Monday, November 17, 2014

Goooooooaaaaaaaaallllllll

No, this is not my selfie for today.

Behold, my to-do list from today.

More and more I'm discovering how important lists are to me. I'm simply so much more likely to get multiple things done if I write them down. Part of it may be the feeling of satisfaction that comes from getting to physically cross something off, but I'll also admit that transferring a mental objective to paper helps make it real. And I always feel better with even just the illusion of a plan of attack (it's an illusion because I so rarely actually do things in the order in which I plan to, ha). 

It's a double-edged sword, though, because now I almost feel like I can't do anything without making a list in advance, and I end up putting off doing so indefinitely. It occurs to me that the last thing on the above schedule should have been "Make list for tomorrow."

But back to today's list. Observant readers will notice that although I didn't accomplish everything, a good portion of those bullet points ended up with a line through them. (I feel I should point out that although it's kind of hard to tell in the picture, "shower" is in fact crossed out. Just in case anyone was worried about my bathing habits.) Honestly, I'm pretty pleased with how I did. Recently most of my to-do lists have looked the same at the end of the day as they did when I woke up, so this is definitely progress.

The key item today I listed as "Goals (and plan for reaching them)." Like I said, lists are crucial for me to accomplish anything. I wanted to identify two or three immediate, attainable goals on which to focus for the next few weeks, and this is what I came up with:

1. Healthy Body - I've known for a while that I haven't been taking care of myself all that well. I haven't exercised in probably close to a year, but I've lost weight simply because I don't eat enough all too often. I've even started to seriously worry I might be anemic, because I've been experiencing symptoms in the last few weeks that seem to point in that direction. So step one is to see a doctor for a physical. This is actually more difficult than it first seems because I currently live 11 hours away from the GP I've seen in the past. Hopefully, though, I can get an appointment sometime this week. Depending on how that goes, I thought it might also be a good idea to see a nutritionist to get some strategies on making sure I'm eating right. For now I'm trying to plan my meals for the week ahead of time so that I have a better chance of getting three solid meals a day (with some healthy snacks, too). As far as exercise goes, yoga every morning combined with three workouts a week sounded like a good start.

2. Job - Not only do I need to start earning money again, I need something that will get me off my ass and out of my head (and my apartment). I plan to find 5 jobs to apply to to start, and fill out one application every day this week. Starting probably Wednesday, I will go in person to the potential jobs to introduce myself and learn more about the jobs. 

Not a bad start, in my opinion. I'll keep track of my progress here on the blog, so we'll see how well I maintain today's surprising productivity. In the meantime I've got some exciting posts planned, including some really awesome nail art I can't wait to share tomorrow! I leave you with today's selfie:

How did my hair get so fluffy #whobutgodcouldknow

No comments:

Post a Comment